AWS, Amazon Web Services, was born to drive innovation in the business world. No wonder, it is the #1 cloud services provider, and it is recognized by Gartner as a Magic Quadrant leader for 12 consecutive years. What makes its solutions so efficient, secure, and cost-effective?
Technological advances have turned the cloud from an illusion to an essential service for growth in the business world. According to the McKinsey Global Survey, in 2017, just 6 years ago, only 33% of companies had invested in using the cloud, while 25% planned to do so. According to Gartner, by 2022 more than 90% of companies claim to use at least one cloud (public, private or hybrid).
It is true that adoption and maturity levels are higher, but there are still concerns related to more complex issues such as the difficulty in understanding application dependencies, assessing the technical feasibility of projects, and the most relevant concern regarding cost estimation.
The reality is that business priorities are changing. Ensuring that they can emerge victorious in a migration process, without losing productivity in their operations, and parallel to a storm of uncertainty, is a latent need. Can you imagine the losses your organization could face from a sudden data leak, a cost overrun or a security breach? It’s a scenario no one would want to face while trying to innovate.
The truth is that to achieve today’s cloud and digital transformation goals, organizations, beyond just focusing on migration, must also think about a proper integration strategy on how to connect systems and data, how to eliminate high spending and how to deliver innovative solutions to their customers. And with AWS, the picture becomes clearer.
AWS: a very powerful solution
This is where AWS (Amazon Web Services) comes in as a great ally. It is the end-to-end solution everyone is waiting to access the right strategy, securely transitioning critical operations, and minimizing disruption and downtime during the migration process. Let’s remember that innovation is a critical component of business success today.
One of the main advantages of AWS is its global infrastructure, it has more presence in the world than any other provider. With 245 countries served, data centers in 99 availability zones and 31 geographic regions, it offers high availability and durability, ensuring that business data and applications are always secure.
AWS helps companies break down their silos and leverage opportunities to increase efficiency, security, and resiliency from storage and databases to artificial intelligence and machine learning. There are hundreds of solutions that have enabled thousands of companies to use the latest technology without having to invest in expensive infrastructure and specialized internal resources. We share some success stories below, so you can realize what you can achieve with your company.
AWS Customer Success Stories
Let’s see how Amazon Web Services has managed to adapt to the needs of each company and how it has helped them to optimize their costs and focus their resources on more strategic areas of their business.
Rappi: initially operated with a reserve system which did not allow for resilience and elasticity in critical moments of the operation. Today, it processes 25 million orders per month with flexibility and efficiency in the AWS cloud, and it has achieved 90% optimization of its infrastructure investment.
Bimbo Group: everything related to governance was decentralized, there were multiple actors managing touch points with different tools, processes and KPIs. Today, thanks to AWS, it has managed to reduce customer call times by 40% and abandoned calls by 75%.
Melia Hotels: had a monolithic Central Reservation System (CRS). Today, it handles 2,000 room requests in 1 minute and 8 seconds without any problems, and they have managed to reduce computing times by 60% after migrating to AWS.
And so, the success stories around the world are thousands. McDonald’s, Belcorp, Coca-Cola, Philips, Johnson & Johnson, Siemens, Shell, Comcast, Netflix, NASA, Nokia, Adobe, SAP, among many others. All have relied on AWS’ ability to improve their agility, efficiency, and competitiveness in an increasingly digital and dynamic business environment.
Why does the best choose AWS Amazon Web Services?
The benefits are multiple. The above-mentioned companies and many other customers in practically all industries and of all sizes have found a variety of reasons, among the most relevant are:
- Fair pricing: AWS pricing is based on a pay-as-you-go model. You only pay for the services you need and for as long as you use them.
- Security: AWS is designed to help you create a secure, resilient, efficient, and high-performance infrastructure. Hundreds of engineers around the world are monitoring continuously to ensure the confidentiality and integrity of your data.
- Performance: AWS global infrastructure is ideal for enterprises requiring millisecond latencies. IT also meet the highest levels of safety, compliance and security.
- Scalability: AWS allows customers to achieve a very high level of flexibility to take advantage of the virtually infinite scalability of the cloud. They can allocate the number of resources they need and instantly scale up or down based on changing business needs.
- Flexibility: with AWS, choosing how and where to execute your actions is really easy. You can do it globally or locally using the same network.
- High availability and failure tolerance: with data centers distributed around the world, AWS ensures business continuity and data availability for companies, even in the event of disasters or outages.
- Solutions always on hand: AWS has more than 200 full-featured services for a wide variety of technologies, industries and use cases.
- Global infrastructure: AWS has the broadest, most reliable, and secure global cloud infrastructure. It is so wide and flexible that you can select the technology infrastructure that is closest to your primary target users.
In addition to these benefits, AWS has a free learning center with a highly recommended amount of valuable content. A site dedicated to helping people make the most of more than 600 digital courses oriented to various roles and skill levels. In addition, there, you will find content related to blogs, articles, videos, certification preparation courses and a series of insights gathered from experiences with customers, businesses, and markets.
The next time you are considering taking on a proper cloud migration strategy, you won’t have so many questions. Remember that a proper migration strategy is critical to ensure success in the cloud, and only AWS has the right solutions with the necessary guarantees to make your decision the right one:
- Evaluation and planning
- Selection of the appropriate architecture
- Migration strategy definition
- Security and compliance
- Testing and validation
- Training and change management
- Monitoring and optimization
Clearly, AWS (Amazon Web Services), is the most secure, comprehensive, and reliable global cloud infrastructure for any type of business. In short, AWS has revolutionized the way businesses operate. With its global infrastructure, broad range of services, pricing flexibility, security, and ability to drive innovation, it has become a strategic partner for many businesses, and it should be for yours, too.
AWS Amazon Web Services + Interfaz: a winning combination to reach another level
At Interfaz, as an AWS Partner, we can structure an appropriate migration strategy based on your needs to help you accelerate your journey to the cloud and take full advantage of all that AWS solutions has to offer. Let us help you maximize the value of your organization’s investment in the cloud. Count on our strategic consulting, integration, migration, and support to take your business efficiency to the next level.
We invite you to learn from one of our AWS experts how our solutions can help you set the best course for your company’s technology transformation to achieve the momentum and agility demanded by today’s market. Let’s start this journey together.